Better, faster, stronger.
Dear ZINC Fans
Enamine, http://enamine.net, the single biggest contributor to ZINC, just released an update of their REAL (make on demand) library this month. Naturally, like all vendor catalogs, we will update it promptly in ZINC. It will take a little time, however, since this catalog contains 25.5 million compounds. Among these, only 1.6 million have even partial stereochemistry specified. After stereochemical enumeration of up to four implied stereoisomers, this could easily result in over 50M new compounds in ZINC. Hurray!
Structure of a class II preQ1 riboswitch reveals ligand recognition by a new fold - Nature Chemical Biology.
Authors: Joseph A Liberman, Mohammad Salim, Jolanta Krucinska & Joseph E Wedekind
Dear ZINC Fans
Prof. Jean-Louis Reymond and his student Mahendra Awale have generously arranged for an MQN browser of ZINC. A preliminary version of the "all purchasable" subset is now available.
The Reymond Group website: http://reymond.dcb.unibe.ch/
More about Molecular Quantum Numbers (MQN): http://reymond.dcb.unibe.ch/research/research.html#MQN
Dear DOCK Blaster Fans
DOCK Blaster has been broken for over a week due to my carelessness. It has now been fixed. Please accept my regrets, and my promise to try to do better going forward.
For those of you who alerted me to this, thank you! And sorry to be so slow!
Dear ZINC fans
We have updated a few other special libraries:
96. Zdd - ZINC Drug database - approved drugs you can buy as pure compounds - http://zinc.docking.org/subsets/zdd
104. Zim - ZINC in man database - compounds you can buy that have been in man - http://zinc.docking.org/subsets/zim
109. Znd - ZINC natural derivatives - chemical modifications of natural products. http://zinc.docking.org/subsets/znd
100. Zbb-now - building blocks for immediate delivery - http://zinc.docking.org/subsets/zbb-now
Dear ZINC fans and natural products fans
We have updated the ZINC biogenic libraries, and have created some new subsets. Where?
1. Subsets->Properties and then clicking on the Special tab: http://zinc.docking.org/browse/subsets/special
2. Individual biogenic product catalogs by going to Subset->Catalog and clicking on the NP tab: http://zinc.docking.org/browse/catalogs/natural-products
We have updated subsets:
98. Zbc - ZINC purchasable biogenic compounds (formerly Znp, ZINC natural products) and
97. Zmd - ZINC purchasable (primary) metabolites database
Dear ZINC Fans and fans of bioactive compounds
We have updated the purchasable bioactive compound libraries. These are intersections of annotated catalogs with purchasable chemical space. Thus for instance, take the BitterDB library of taste and smell molecules. How many of these can be bought, somewhere on the planet? You can find out in ZINC. And you can download them and dock them or screen them using some other technology. How many nutraceuticals can you buy as pure compounds for research? ZINC knows.
Dear ZINC Fans
As you know, we spend a lot of time trying to make sure you can buy the compounds in ZINC*. As the number of catalogs climbs towards 300, a number of catalogs were obviously stale. We wrote to the support email on the website, often multiple times. Finally, when we did not get an answer, we just removed the entire catalog from ZINC. Unfortunately, this included Tocris. Yeah, I know, can you believe it? But I couldn't get them to send me a database update, and the last info I had dated from 2005!